Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Charles Keter sacks staff for misinformation on schools electricity project.

Charles Keter.
By Nancy Makena

The Cabinet Secretary for energy has s.aid the affected officers had misled his ministry on the progress of electricity connection to schools. Speaking on Tuesday, Mr. Keter said only 866 primary schools countrywide were yet to be connected even as he expressed optimism that the process would be accomplished by early next month. "A total of 21,733 primary schools have been connected, of which 17,890 are connected to the grid while 3,843 have solar power.  

The remaining 866 are on course adding that, "We have a duty to Kenyans as a ministry. We pledged to ensure all primary schools are powered to enable the Government kick off the laptops project and no laxity will be entertained. The affected staff lied to us, only for us to get contrary information from the ground." Last month, the CS instructed all staff to ensure power connection was completed in time.


Kenya protests to Tanzania over confiscation of Charles Keter's passport Kenya says plans to convert sole refinery into storage plant Business hit hard as massive power outage strikes at the Coast The deadline was never met. Keter said he was embarrassed for failing to meet targets. "The regional heads tasked with the responsibility of ensuring compliance are still compiling the list of those affected. Once the list is ready, we will avail it and also state the areas affected," he said. The CS said he had been on a fact-finding mission to ascertain whether the institutions had been connected as he had directed early this year, but was surprised to discover work had not been done. "It is wrong to give erroneous information. This will erode public confidence and put the Government on the spot over implementation of its manifesto. We must live up to our promises," he said.

No comments: